Macoupin County Sheriff
Jail Inmate Medical Information
• Inmates requesting Mental Health or Medical Treatment should obtain a sick
call slip from a Jail Officer. The sick call slip must be filled out and
returned to a Jail Officer. Slips will be submitted to the Medical Staff.
• Inmates requesting to see the nurse will be charged $5.00. Inmates requesting to see the doctor will be charged $15.00. These funds will be deducted from the inmate’s account.
• All medication prescribed by the medical staff must be taken at the time prescribed and in the presence of the Medical Staff or Jail Officer.
• Any inmate found in the possession of any medication in his/her cell or on his/her person will be denied all non-life threatening medication.
• Only emergency dental care will be provided.