Macoupin County Sheriff
Jail Inmate Mail Information
• Incoming U.S. Mail is distributed Monday through Friday except observed Holidays.
• Mail must have inmate’s first and last name as well as first and last name and complete address of sender.
• All funds (money) sent through the mail must be in money order form made payable to the inmate. See the "Jail Visitation Page" for more information on depositing money on an inmate's account.
Inmate Mail Address:
Macoupin County Jail
215 S East St
Carlinville, IL 62626
• All non-privileged mail will be free of any gang graffiti and any other drawings on the envelope. If found, it will be returned to sender. Inmates will not be allowed to correspond with another individual who is incarcerated in this or any other correction facility or detention center without obtaining approval in writing from the Jail Administrator.
• All privileged mail will be free of any gang graffiti and any other drawings on the envelope. If found, it will be returned to sender. Privileged mail may be sealed by the inmate prior to submissions for mailing.